Podcast: What’s Up Bainbridge
Sounds of Summer at Battle Point – Shakespeare, Shaggy Sweet and more
In this podcast Georgia Browne, Cultural Events and Public Relations Coordinator for the Bainbridge Island Metro Parks and Recreation Department talks with BCB host Lyssa Danehy deHart about several exciting performances planned for Battle Point Park this summer.
The Sounds of Summer concert series will begin July 9th with jazz group Pearl Django, and run Wednesday evenings from 7 to 8:30 pm. Scheduled performances include:
- July 9 – Pearl Django – Jazz
- July 16 – Matuto – Brazilian backbeats with Bluesy riffs
- July 23 – John Reischman and the Jaybirds – stylish Bluegrass
- July 30 – Laura Love Trio – Folk/Funk Singer Songwriter
- Aug 6 – The Senate – Acoustic Rock
- Aug 13 – Jessica Lynne – Country
- Aug 20 – Shaggy Sweet – Classic rock with a twist
As a special treat, Seattle’s Greenstage Production Company will bring a performance of Shakespeare’s Love’s Labour’s Lost to the park on the afternoon of August 3rd.
For more information, check the Bainbridge Island Metro Parks and Recreation Department website at www.biparks.org
Credits: Host and Audio Editor: Lyssa Danehy deHart; BCB ferry music by Dogfish Bay Studios; What’s Up music splash: Dave Bristow.
You must be logged in to post a comment.