Podcast: What’s Up Bainbridge:
Bainbridge premiere of Al Gore’s “Inconvenient Sequel”
In this podcast, meet three of our local Bainbridge climate change activists who invite us to attend the Bainbridge Island premiere of the new movie by Al Gore: “An Inconvenient Sequel – Truth to Power”.
The premiere is slated for Friday evening August 4th at 7pm, at the historic Lynwood Theater in Lynwood Center on Bainbridge Island.
After the film showing, a panel of three local climate change experts will field questions from the audience.
Organizations co-sponsoring the premiere and panel include:
- Climate Action Bainbridge
- Island Power
- Sustainable Bainbridge; and
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby.
Our guests on this podcast, who are all Bainbridge residents, include:
- Michael Cox, who recently retired from the Environmental Protection Agency after a 25-year career in that agency, and wrote a widely publicized resignation letter upon his departure;
- Sally Noedel, an owner of a local business focused on green and sustainable practices (“Whata Piñata!”), and whose previous BCB podcast told the story of her 1,000 mile walk to Oak Flats with her daughter to publicize the plight of sacred native American lands endangered by a proposed copper mine; and
- Dave McCaughey, a scientist who encourages investments in large-scale commercially viable renewable energy projects.
All three of our guests recently returned from a multi-day seminar in Bellevue which was led personally by Al Gore. Approximately 800 participants attended that “Climate Reality Project” for the purpose of mobilizing citizen action now to address climate change.
Tickets for the movie premiere are available either in advance at the Lynwood Theater website, or at the box office. The movie will have at least one week’s run at the Lynwood, starting August 4th.
Credits: BCB host, audio editor and social media publisher: Barry Peters.