We’re the first and only all-volunteer nonprofit community podcasting project of Bainbridge Island, Washington. Our mission is to strengthen community by showing and telling stories of the people, organizations and events of our island community.
We make community podcasts about Bainbridge Island events, people and organizations — in audio and video, via the internet.
BCB operates a recording studio for adult and student volunteers to collaborate and produce podcasts in the Bainbridge Artisan Resource Network facility at 8890 Three Tree Lane NE.
At its start in May 2014, BCB was an incubator project of the local nonprofit Sustainable Bainbridge.
Volunteers who are bringing BCB to you now include, for example:
- Active BCB adult and high school volunteers*
- Major financial supporters, including:
- Sustainable Bainbridge, with annual financial support for 2014 through 2016;
- Island Cultural Enrichment (ICE) Fund of Bainbridge Community Foundation (BCF)
- 2014 annual capital grant program of the Rotary Club of Bainbridge Island;
- the realtors of Windermere Bainbridge;
- Eagle Harbor Books;
- the family grocers at Town and Country Markets; and
- donations from listeners like you.
- Community members that have supported BCB’s growth include:
- Individuals from more than 150 Bainbridge Island nonprofit organizations, businesses, governmental units and faith communities who have participated in BCB podcasts;
- And many other supporters, technical advisors and fans too numerous to mention.
Please use this website to contact us about possibly volunteering with BCB. We provide free training to BCB volunteers.
Or drop us a note at Media.BCBmgr@BainbridgeBARN.org.
Studio lead for the Media Arts & BCB Studio
Station Manager for BCB